Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Not All Disabled Want Death


We don’t see enough of these stories about those wu=ith severe medical disabilities who actually want to live. Here’s a good example.
Assisted Suicide - ‘there’s the rub’
When I was a teenager I was extremely lucky, landing in the middle of a cultural and social revolution. Driving into assembly on the back of a motorbike, having a fling with an unsuspecting English teacher and being desperate to get myself laid at 15 gave me immediate membership to the only club worth joining - the club that was 'the 60s'. Apart from occasional doses of teenage angst, I was what you might call very, ‘alive and kicking’; anything I could kick against, I did. And therein lays the problem - the one about being alive. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page