Saturday, December 3, 2011

Canada: Good Response To "Back Alley" Assisted Suicides Claim


Here's a good response to yesterday's piece (see below) that claimed that not legalizing assisted suicide would men "back alley assisted suicides."
Lorne Gunter: Let me kill myself or I’ll kill myself
I fail to see what social horror is created if terminal patients are forced to seek “back alley” assisted suicides.
In his closing arguments before a B.C. federal court Thursday, lawyer Joseph Arvay warned that if the “absolute prohibition” against assisted suicides is upheld, patients such as his client, 63-year-old ALS sufferer Gloria Taylor, will be forced into back alleys for their procedures, just as pregnant teens were decades ago before abortion was illegal.
The parallel is a false one. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page