Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dead Pro-Deather Calls For Change In Posthumous Letter


Here's a posthumous letter from a pro-deather who walked the walk, killing herself yesterday at Swiss death clinic Dignitas. I'll bet it's going to be another poster issue for the UK pro-deathers.
I am not sad that I will die today, but angry that I can't die at home
My name is Geraldine McClelland and I have chosen to die today [7 December].
I am 61 years old and am dying from lung and liver cancer, which metastasised from my breast cancer two years ago. I spent my working life at the BBC, producing programmes such as Watchdog, Food and Drink, Health Check and Crimewatch. I was fortunate to be able to retire 10 years ago and have been able to thoroughly enjoy my retirement, travelling the world. The lung cancer is now causing me serious breathing problems, meaning I am largely confined to my flat. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page