Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Outstanding Riposte to the Pro-Death Crowd

These stories, especially in the UK, are few and far between. Read  carefully, because it tells that while death is inevitable, we can do much to control suffering and celebrate the goodness of living before we die:
Mum wanted to die, but convincing her to live gave us both a gift beyond measure...
As she lay in the hospice, ghostly pale and apparently slipping away before my eyes, my mother was adamant. 'I just want to die,' had become her repeated refrain.
She was 84, suffering from advanced breast cancer and didn't want chemotherapy. As far as she was concerned, the end could not come soon enough.
'I've had a good life,' she would say. 'But I don't want to be dependent. I don't want to be a burden to anyone.' more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page