Friday, June 4, 2010

Here's Why Assisted Suicide & Euthanasia Are Dangerous - You Might Survive Your Terminal Illness

Here’s a letter to the Montreal Gazette which speaks more eloquently in a very few words than many of us could ever do in years of blogging.
Persuaded to live with dignity
I'm a retired bookkeeper, who lives in Oregon, where assisted suicide is legal. Our law was enacted via a ballot initiative, for which I voted.
In 2000, I was diagnosed with colon cancer and told that I had six months to a year to live. I knew that our law had passed, but I didn't know exactly how to go about doing it. I asked one of my doctors, but he didn't really answer me.
Instead, he encouraged me not to give up and ultimately I decided to fight. I had both chemotherapy and radiation, and I am truly happy to be alive! That was 10 years ago, and if my doctors had believed in assisted suicide, I would be dead. I thank each of them for helping me choose "life with dignity."

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page