Friday, November 4, 2011

Eloquent Aussie Rejoinder To The Pro-Deathers


Here's an eloquent Aussie rejoinder to the pro-deathers. It's a good read.
No dignity in euthanasia
I am chronically ill with a progressive rheumatoid auto-immune disease that destroyed my kidneys and causes inflammation around the lungs, inner chest walls and heart, ischaemic heart disease and peripheral neuropathy. I have been dependent on dialysis for 20 years and I have undergone 15 angioplasties and the placement of eight stents to recover some blood flow after the failure of coronary bypass surgery.
The last such procedure was unsuccessful as the blocked artery could not be accessed.
I mention these matters only to establish that I am no stranger to suffering and disability and have experienced the limitations of palliative care.
Facing illness and disability takes courage, and we do not need euthanasia advocates to tell us that we are so lacking dignity and have such a poor quality of life that our lives are not worth living. more

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page